The MotoGP 2014™ race slides into Austin, Texas April 11-13, it is just around the bend, literally! Two wheels, 210MPH and zero fear will be on display at Circuit of The Americas™. The new, state-of-the-art track that hosts the most prestigious racing events in the world, including MotoGP™, V8 Supercars series, Formula 1 United States Grand Prix, and United SportsCar.
• Opened on October 21, 2012.
• The track is a 3.427-mile circuit track.
• Capacity for 120,000 fans and an elevation change of 133 feet.
• Lap record is held by Sebastian Vettel of F1 Red Bull Racing in 2012 (1:39.347)
• Events are projected to generate an annual economic impact of $400 - $500 million
• The Circuit’s three-day attendance (Nov. 16-18, 2013) was 265,499, making it the second highest attended F1 Grand Prix of the 2012 season.
• COTA’s three-day attendance for MotoGP™ (April 19-21, 2013) was 131,082.
March 18, 2014 –Circuit of The Americas has been nominated one of four finalists for the prestigious “Sports Facility of the Year” award. To even be considered for such an award, venues must demonstrate high quality and excellence in the following:
• Facility and business growth
• Strategic, mixed use of the property
• Community involvement
• Competitor feedback and
• Guest experiences
Winners of the 2014 award will be announced during an awards program at the New York Marriott Marquis at Times Square in New York City on Wednesday, May 21
The 20-turn, counterclockwise track, was designed with inspiration from the best circuits around the world. It also takes advantage of the site's natural topography to include dramatic elevation changes of up to 40 metres.
Turn One, features a steep, uphill run which is the facility’s most sought after view and seating. Turns three through six have been designed as an homage to the Maggots, Becketts, Chapel complex at Silverstone. Other recognizable designs include turns 12-14, which is reminiscent of Hockenheim's stadium section and the triple apex stretch through turns 16-18 has been modeled after Istanbul Park's turn eight. All these turns can get confusing, so with that being said, take a look at the HD 360 tour of the track! http://www.cotaexperiences.com/hd-tour
More Than a Racetrack
Circuit of The Americas™ not only is a world-class track, it also is an elite performance, education and business center featuring:
• Racing-focused amenities including a private Motorsports Driving Club and a Karting Track
• Public spaces for private events, seminars and conventions
• Visitor attractions including an expansive live entertainment space, retail center and museum
• A center with research facilities and robust services and amenities to power a broad
range of business, technology and education allies
• 40,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art Conference/Media Center
• Area for law enforcement vehicle training
• Driving academies
Not only is the track a great place to experience racing, but it’s located in a rockin’ city! Austin is known as The Live Music Capital of the World®. The city’s lifeblood is the local music community, from the local bands, to major festivals like SXSW, Fun Fun Fun Fest and the Austin City Limits Music Festival. For visitors, the music scene is easy to find; nearly 200 venues offer rock, blues, jazz, hip hop, punk or Latino shows nightly.
For the more outdoorsy, adventurous individuals, Austin has 300 annual days of glorious sunshine and an average temperature of around 70 degrees, can you say yes please!? Not to mention, Austin has also been named among the top U.S destinations for lovers of the outdoors. With numerous trails for biking, hiking and natural cave exploration you’re sure to have a one-of-a-kind getaway.
Sign Me Up!
Does it sound too good to be true? With top-notch hospitality that is located in a unique oasis, a VIP Party Venue, the Velocity Lounge, and even the choice to sit in the Paddock Building, is now a reality!
Whether you are an individual or a corporate group, Circuit of The Americas Experiences will provide a unique and unforgettable experience. 3-Day Official Packages come complete with tickets for seating with exceptional views of the action along the track, VIP access, unique amenities and more exclusive benefits! Don’t miss out discovering 2014’s emerging talents at the COTA track.