It's finally time, F1™ fans! The 2014 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ is racing into Circuit of The Americas™ next weekend! With the race being so close, it's time to start planning what you're going to wear and take with you to Austin.
Like most large sporting facilities, Circuit of The Americas™ has a strict list of prohibited items to ensure the safety of all fans in attendance. Additionally, there are some items you're definitely going to want to make sure you have in tow while you're at the track all day long all weekend.
So without further ado, take a look at the lists of items to bring and the COTA prohibited items lists so you can start planning what to pack!
What to Wear & Bring to the F1™ USGP
When it comes to planning what to bring and what to wear during the F1™ USGP weekend at Circuit of The Americas™, it's important to take into consideration the warm Austin, TX climate (temperatures this week have been in the 70-80 degrees F range) and the fact that you'll be on your feet a lot.
Keeping that in mind, you're going to want to wear comfortable clothing that will keep you cool during Saturday and Sunday. Shorts and a t-shirt or polo will be just fine for the guys, and ladies, shorts and a blouse or a sundress will be most comfortable. Opt for comfortable walking shoes that won't be hurting your feet after a couple hours; you'll spend a lot of time on your feet cheering and exploring all that COTA has to offer.
Dress code for the Thursday Night Party and Tower Viewing and the Friday Lunch with a Legend is considered casual. However, keep in mind you are meeting racing legends Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi and there will be photo opportunities! You might want to opt for something a little more on the dressy side to commemorate the experience (in other words, ditch that tee for a nicer shirt).
Other items that are permitted at Circuit of The Americas™ that you might want to have on hand throughout the weekend are:
- Earplugs (those F1™ cars can get LOUD!)
- Rain poncho or jacket (that Austin weather is unpredictable!)
- Tickets and hospitality badges (luckily, your COTA Experiences' lanyard will keep them safely around your neck)
- Any items (that aren't prohibited) that you would want autographed by the celebs and racing legends if you have Legends Club access
If you have any additional questions regarding what to wear or if select items are permitted, leave a question for us in the comments below and we'll get back to you!
Prohibited Items at Circuit of The Americas™
The following list of items are not permitted inside the grounds of Circuit of The Americas™ during the F1™ USGP weekend:
- Bags larger than 12x12x20 inches
- Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Glass or metal containers of any kind
- Food and beverages; however, sealed plastic water bottles are allowed
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Tents or canopies
- Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording of any kind is permitted
- Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal substances
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Animals, with the exception of registered service animals
- Large umbrellas
- Laser pointers, horns, radios, bells, whistles, projectiles, balls, etc.
- Unathorized means of transportation
Note from COTA: All bags, purses, backpacks, and persons are subject to screening by security personnel.
Time is Running Out to Attend the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™!
Have you waited until the last minute? Do you still need to book tickets to the 2014 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™? There's still time to get your VIP access, but you have to act fast!
Official Ticket Packages to the F1™ USGP provided by COTA Experiences are still available, but they won't be for long! Official Packages offer plenty of flexibility regarding seating area, concierge extras such as official party invites and Legends Club access, hotel and transportation options, and much more!
Get more information on last minute deals and the Official Ticket Packages still available by calling 1-866-801-6975 to speak to a representative or by visiting COTA Experiences website.
Be sure to join the conversation during the event weekend by using the hashtags #F1USGP and #COTAVIP!