April is quickly approaching and Circuit of The Americas™ will once again be gearing up for another round of the Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas. Kicking off April 21st in Austin, Texas, the 2017 motorcycle racing weekend is sure to be thrilling, exciting and a memorable trip for all. Looking for things to do while in Austin for the weekend? Restaurants to eat at? Weather? We have it all covered and more below.
Fast Facts About Circuit of The Americas™
- Track Length is 5.5 Km or 3.43 miles with 11 left corners and 9 right corners
- Most wins at the Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas is held by Marc Marquez
- Circuit of The Americas™ is 15 miles from downtown Austin & 9 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Average speed: 157.0 km/h & Top Speed: 345.3 km/h
What to do & Where to go in Austin, Texas
- Boiler Nine Bar & Brill, 800 W Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, TX 78701: Located in downtown Austin, this art deco styled bar & grill isn’t one to miss. Visit them for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner to enjoy tapas style dining.
- Sixth Street: Find all the nightlife that Austin has to offer on sixth street. From live music to historic venues this downtown spot is the place to be!
- Second Bar & Kitchen, 200 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701: Enjoy a true farm-to-table experience located in the second street district. Offering Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Second Bar & Kitchen combines fresh, artisan ingredients to create impeccable cuisines.
- Lady Bird Lake: Hike, Bike or simply just hit the outdoors and explore this lush green park and peaceful lake.
What to Wear & The Weather
Around the circuit, you will find causal and semi-causal wear. With the weather holding constant around 65 -70 degrees and rain a possibility, we suggest you pack with some flexibility. Grab a lighter jacket, pants or shorts for those who are adventurous and with your favorite team’s tee you should be good to go. See below for some client’s past outfit decisions.
Race Weekend Schedule
- Friday, April 21st: Practice 10:00am – 4:50pm
- Saturday, April 22nd: Qualifying 10:00am – 4:50pm
- Sunday, April 23rd: Race Day 9:40am – 3:00pm
*Times subject to change*
Haven't Secured Your Tickets Yet?
Join us in Austin, Texas for a trip to remember. The most talented riders in motorcycle racing will line Circuit of The Americas™ for a showdown of skill and finesse. As the Official Ticket Package Provider for Circuit of The Americas™, COTA Experiences provides the ultimate VIP, secure way to gain access to the weekend’s events. From impeccable seating locations, premium hospitality and more, there is a lot to choose, so start planning your trip today!