We're thrilled to announce that racing legend Michael Andretti will be joining us for the FORMULA 1 PIRELLI 2018 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX! The heir to the Andretti throne will be our special guest at our exclusive Lunch with a Legend event, brought to you by COTA Experiences.
Few things are as sacred in sports as heritage, and few lineages are as hallowed as the Andretti family name. The son of 1978 F1® world champion and three-time IndyCar champion Mario, Michael Andretti had big shoes to fill before he ever stepped behind the wheel during his professional career.
Andretti's motorsport career began racing karts before he joined the Champ Car World Series in 1983. He won his first IndyCar race at the Toyota Grand Prix in 1986, and became a champion in 1991 by winning the CART IndyCar World Series Championship.
In 1993, Andretti signed with McLaren and was partnered with world champion Ayrton Senna for the Formula 1® season. For a multitude of different reasons, Andretti couldn't replicate his prior success on the Formula 1 stage, and returned to IndyCar for the 1994 season.
Andretti won his first race back with CART, and continued to race at an impressive level until his final CART race in 2003. He earned his final career victory at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
Andretti's lasting legacy will be behind the pit wall, though. He owns Andretti Autosport, an auto racing team that has won the Indianapolis 500 five times and the IndyCar Series championship four times.
- 1991 CART PPG Indy Car World Series champion
- 5-time CART championship runner-up
- Third all-time in Indy car wins (42)
- 32 career pole positions
- Led 6,692 laps in 330 career starts
- Scored at least one win in 15 consecutive seasons
- Voted 2001 CART Most Popular Driver
- Inducted into the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame in 2002 and the Motorsport Hall of Fame of America in 2008
- Inducted into both the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame & the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum in 2012
Dine With An Andretti
Join Michael Andretti and the rest our F1® USGP guests at the Lunch With A Legend, brought to you by COTA Experiences. You won't want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!