The United States Grand Prix is almost here, and the Circuit of The Americas™ in Austin, Texas is excited to host you for the premier F1® race on American soil. But we want to make sure you come prepared for the race weekend and have all of the information you need. The Circuit of The Americas has certain guidelines that need to be followed in order to enter, but luckily we've compiled all of that information for you right here. Consider it one-stop-shopping for all the information necessary to enjoy the United States Grand Prix.
Without further ado, let's get into it.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals or pets (exception for certified service animals)
- Aerosol cans
- Bags or parcels larger than 12x12x20 inches
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards or other unauthorized means of transportation
- Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
- Outside Food and Beverage (Can bring one sealed plastic water bottle per person)
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Glass or metal containers of any style
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests
- Large umbrellas
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Selfie Sticks
- Tents or canopies
- Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods (there is no video recording allowed)
- Weapons of any kind or harmful devices
PERMITTED ITEMS Inside Circuit Gates
- Umbrellas (small, hand-held style)
- Baby strollers
- Portable, collapsible chairs
- Personal camera equipment (e.g. digital cameras, point-and-click digital or film cameras
What to Wear In Austin
Ah, the real question that everyone is asking before race weekend. You're in luck — we've got you covered.
Formula One is lauded as an event where you can flaunt your style as an attendee without being as bold and brash as someone attending the Kentucky Derby. While the styles in Austin may be toned down a notch from a race in Monaco or Italy, it still is vital to dress with intention. That's why we suggest you go for the "stylish, but comfortable" look.
The most important aspect of anyone's outfit will be their footwear. Wear comfortable shoes! Attendees at the United States Grand Prix will be on their feet for a majority of the race while cheering on the action. For women, forget the high heels or any sort of shoe that would provide any discomfort. For men, fashionable sneakers are the way to go. Not gym shoes, but not the loafers you wear to the office, either.
As for the actual outfit, it's custom at Formula One events to try and dress in reds, blacks, yellows and whites — the colors of the Circuit of The Americas. But remember that there is no official dress code, so don't stress about coloring if options are limited.
For men, a comfortable button down or athletic polo shirt should be the best option. Accompany that with a nice, mobile pair of pants or shorts and you're ready to go.
Women can opt for a sundress or even just a nice t-shirt with comfortable jeans to match.
As far as the weather forecast, it will be a pretty up-and-down weekend in Austin. Current projections have it predicted to thunderstorm on Saturday, but stay at around 75° and cloudy on Sunday for the race. Your best bet here is to bring along a rain jacket or poncho just in case the weather takes a turn for the worst.
Still Need Tickets? You're In Luck
If you haven't purchased an Official Ticket Package for the 2018 United States Grand Prix, you still have time. Through COTA Experiences, you can secure your spot in Austin with several different seat and hospitality options. But hurry, they won't last long!